Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sell the Products, then the Business

With Network Marketng, if you are there at the early stages, you can make money. $50 to start a business, I don't think so and with the internet, today's investment to get started and to actually start running a network marketing business, is in the region of $5000, at minimum. That should take you through the first year of web presence, pay-per-click, dvd's, presentations etc.

These days there are so many Network marketing companies, all promoting the get rich quick idea. It's definitely not that, although I do know some people who are doing quite well. It's like acting, some make a living, others make a fortune, in fact pick any business and there are minor success stories and there are major success stories, and there are failures, it has a lot to do with timing and effort. Then there are always those who thought that by getting a business card printed, they were business owners. Unless you are willing to work twice as hard as you do at your current job, you'll fail at network marketing plus you will need cash, regardless of what your upline might tell you,
you will need cash. It's a business and if you want to own and operate a business, you need cash.

I am happy to say that I recently did get involved in a network marketing company called the Trump Network and it is a state of the art set-up. It's not going to be easy but of all the network companies that I've been approached about over the years, this stood out from the rest, more so from a branding perspective but as a member of that elite club called the baby boomers, I tried the products before the business and I'm a pretty health conscious person, the products while quite expensive, stood out from any other products I've tried or tasted. Their custom vitamin program
is quite exceptional too, that's six months with more energy and not one sign of a cold or flu. Something else that intrigued me was the idea of getting in early enough in a relatively new company, with a worldwide brand name.

I already run a successful business and for some crazy reason I am now filling in My Other 8 Hours, sorry, make that 6 with the Trump Network. Maybe I'll last a year but I am learning things on a daily basis that I can utilize in my regular day to day business, so to me it's been a win-win. I am actually a minority in network marketing, in that I'm more interested in selling the product than the business. Most people don't have the time or the $500/$600 a month to start the business and be successful in it but most people do have $2 a day for the customized vitamin products. If they start the program, they are walking billboards for my business.
http://www.idealhealthpluswealth.com

Bottomline is be careful about getting sucked into network marketing, whether it be Trump Network, Mary Kay or Amway etc. know exactly what you are doing, selling, and research your expectant earnings versus expenses, if you can't afford it, don't do it, I knew someone who got suckered in and lost everything because of his slot machine mentality, he felt just one more month, just one more month, it has to pay off soon...sad thing is, it didn't.

Network Marketing is not for everyone. Try it at your own risk but if you fail, don't just blame the company, as with most businesses that fail, it's usually the person with the business card, aka the owner.

Hint for Success: Customers = Sales = Billboards = Success









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
EatonWeb Blog Directory